Intravenous Nutrient Therapy
Intravenous nutrient therapy is a treatment used to infuse vitamins, minerals, and amino acids into the body through a vein. Intravenous nutrient therapy is extremely effective in getting high dose nutrients directly into the body by bypassing the digestive system. This means that the body is able to use all of the nutrients infused and none will be lost due to improper absorption. Often we can get therapeutic dosages into the body within 30 minutes, which is impossible to do using oral supplementation. Nutrients infused are dependent on the condition being treated.
Intravenous Micro-Nutrient Therapy is an advanced method of using vitamins and minerals, along with some herbal medicines, for the purposes of stimulating the bodies own healing systems by providing concentrated nutrition at the cellular level. Many of the formulas used today are extensions of the groundbreaking work of the late Dr. John Myers, MD.
This therapy bypasses gastrointestinal absorption problems, but more importantly, is able to achieve an extremely high blood concentration of nutrients beyond what is orally possible. This high concentration makes for a down stream action for cellular absorption. This profound effect is why IVMT has become so successful in the co-management of many medical conditions.
Other therapeutic applications for IVMT include: allergies, heart disease, asthma, congestive heart failure, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and PMS, muscle aches/spasms and infections.
Safety of IVMT: Some individuals have developed a fear of injections due to hearing about adverse reactions from synthetic drugs, which is reasonable because the effects on normal body functions are often times unpredictable when synthetic drugs are given intravenously. The situation is quite different with vitamins and minerals. These substances are natural to the body and when given in proper dosages by experienced physicians, are considerably safe. Idiosyncratic reactions which, often occur with synthetic drugs, occur less often in our opinion with substances that are natural to the cells of the body.
Multi-Vitamin/Mineral Combination (Myers IV)
This IV is specifically targeted at patients suffering from Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Asthma, Migraines, and overall nutrient depletion. This IV builds up nutrient levels quickly and supports immune function, facilitating cellular transport, and boosting energy.
Multi-Vitamin/Mineral High C
This IV is specifically targeted at patients suffering from Chronic Immune and viral infections. High dose Vitamin C is added to quickly boost cellular levels in the body along with Zinc, B-Vitamins and minerals.
An IV specifically targeted at decreasing spasm, and relaxing smooth muscle causing relief from migraine pain. The primary ingredient is Magnesium when delivered intravenously relaxes blood vessels and a feeling of warmth rushes through the body. In addition B-2 is added along with B-6 both which have been shown to be effective in treating migraines.
More than 10% of Americans suffer from migraines. Current medications carry with them significant side effects while only reducing migraine frequency by about 50%. Published research has shown nutritional supplementation to have at least the same effectiveness than the leading migraine medications on the market today. Magnesium is one of the nutrients widely studied for this condition. One of the adverse effects of increased magnesium ingestion is diarrhea. Utilizing IVMT therapy removes this side effect while maintaining the benefits. Other common nutrients like B vitamins, especially riboflavin, have also shown in placebo controlled research trials, to have 50% reductions in occurrences of headaches.
• Peikert A, Wilimzig C, Kohne-Volland R. Prophylaxis of migraine with oral magnesium: results from a prospective, multi-center, placebo-controlled and double-blind randomized study. Cephalalgia 1996;16:257-263.
• Facchinetti F, Sances G, Borella P, Gonazzani AR, Nappi G. Magnesium prophylaxis of menstrual migraine: effects on intracellular magnesium. Headache 1991;31:298-304.
• Schoenen J, Jacquy J, Lenaerts M. Effectiveness of high-dose riboflavin in migraine prophylaxis. A randomized controlled trial. Neurology 1998;50:466-470.
• Sandor PS, Di Clemente L, Coppola G, Saenger U, Fumal A, Magis D, et al. Efficacy of coenzyme Q10 in migraine prophylaxis: a randomized controlled trial. Neurology 2005;64:713-715.
• Di Rosa G, Attina S, Spano M, Ingegneri G, Sgro DL, Pustorino G, et al. Efficacy of folic acid in children with migraine, hyperhomocysteinemia and MTHFR polymorphisms. Headache 2007;47:1342-1344.
• Lea R, Colson N, Quinlan S, Macmillan J, Griffiths L. The effects of vitamin supplementation and MTHFR (C677T) genotype on homocysteine-lowering and migraine disability. Pharmacogenet Genomics 2009;19:422-428.
For a woman who experiences awful PMS and cramping prior to or during the menstrual flow. This IV will help with cramping, bloating, irritability, and fatigue. The predominant vitamin here is B-6, along with other vitamins and mineral, which have been shown to reduce water retention and bloating, and assist with balancing moods.